Friday, February 10, 2012

Does This Make Sense?

I woke up this morning with my hand sore and swollen. It had hurt some yesterday but this was a bit worse and more sore. I finally decided that maybe I should call the docoter and have them take a look. I called and the girl gave me an appointment for 2:10 this afternoon. She asked for my birthdate and name and then said she couldn't find me. " well, it's been a while since I've been in" I said. We only keep the records so long, you'll have to reeestablish yourself. Okay. That meant that she couldn't give me the 2:10 appointment because I had to see a doctor not a PA. What about Saturday I asked. No, we don't take new patients on Saturday. Okay how about Monday. That would work and she gave me an appointment with a doctor for Monday.


So I have a sore hand and can't get in to see the PA because even though I am a patient I have to reestablish my record and only a doctor can do this.

3 comments:

Amy said...

That sounds like a situation out of a Kafka novel...
I'm sorry your hand is feeling bad - hopefully it's nothing too serious.
Talk to you today or tomorrow!

Amy said...

PS: think about getting your Skype turned on so I can show you my ring!

Kim said...

What a pain in the butt!!! I hope it feels better by the time you get in on Monday.