Sunday, February 12, 2012

Movies, Books and Bread

Yesterday was too cold to really do anything outsside so Christy and I went to see The Vow at the movies. It was better than I thought it would be and I loved seeing the sights of Chicago where it was filmed. After the movies it was lunch at The Corner Bakery and then we headed to the library for their book sale. I've never been to one of these so didn't know what to expect. There were rows of books stacked on tables and you just had to start looking.


I always like to check out the first page in a book before I select it and the flap on the inside of the cover.
I ended up buying 5 books, one was one that I had read a review on and wanted to get last year.





So here is what I took home:



The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom ( this is the one I've been wanting to read)


The Last Summer by Ann Brashares


This Side Of Married by Rachel Pastan


Dark Tort by Diane Mott Davidson


Savannah by James Reasoner


Last night we watched Moneyball with Brad Pitt on pay per view. It was okay, seemed to move a little slow. I guess you'd have to really like baseball to enjoy it.




This morning I started some bread and while it was rising went up to the gym and used the treadmill. Didn't want to lift weights because of my hand, it is still swollen but not as much as on Friday.

2 comments:

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim said...

Is your hand feeling better?

I feel like I am the only blogger who did not see that movie this weekend! :)