Saturday, August 13, 2011

OLD FRIENDS




My husband and I just got home from a visit to Hot Springs , Arkansas to see some old friends. We have known them for over 30 years. It was just like we had seen them yesterday, conversation flowed and we had the best time. They live in The Villages of Hot Springs which is the largest gated community in the U.S. It is located in the mountains and there is lots of wild life. Coming home from dinner we saw a deer with two fawns.





We went to Hot Springs and toured the bath houses and then on to the winery for a sampling of 10 Arkansas wines.





This is bath house row. At one time they were bustling with people who had come to take the waters and also get the healing bath.



This is the men's resting room. The statue is of De Sota receiving the healing waters from an Indian child.






The ceiling above DeSota. There are numerous stain glass window in the buildings and beautiful mosaic tile floors throughout.


This morning I got on the scale and saw the damage I did in Arkansas, so I headed for the gym and did 30 minutes of cardio. It's a start.








4 comments:

Amy said...

Love the picture of the four of you!!! Glad you had a good time!

royal said...

Hi,
I have read your post and I appreciate the information which shared here which really good read to me.

Thanks
Online Penny Auctions

royal said...

Hi,
Fabulous Post!
I am glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. It is really good read to me.

Thanks
Webcam Chat Software

royal said...

Hi,
I have read your blog and I appreciate the information which you shared here. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing!
Groupon Clone