Sunday, August 19, 2007

My first Blog

Miles: 4.5

Okay, so my youngest daughter talked me into starting this blog. Actually, she tried to trick me into it, but she's not a good liar so I was on to her. But I like reading my all of my daughters' blogs, as well as a few others, so I decided what could it hurt. Plus, for now it is marked private, and only my family can read it!

I did go up to the gym today. I was originally going to go out this morning with Christy for 6 1/2 miles, but we both weren't quite up for that. So instead, I opted for the air conditioned treadmill. I was going to do 3 miles, but then got to thinking I should at least do a 5k. At the 5k mark, I thought I should train to do MORE than a 5k, so I kept going. At 4 miles, I figured I might as well add another 1/2 mile onto this workout. So my final was 4.5 miles!

Since there are only 5 more months left until the big day, I am going to remain committed to training for this. I really want the half-marathon medal! (My son-in-law Mark said he won't sell his medal from last year.) Check back for my next post on my next workout!

4 comments:

Mark said...

Cindy,
Way to go! Get a little bit a time and you'll soon be amazed at what you can do.

Mark

Katy said...

You go girl!!!

Katy

J said...

I love your blog mom!

Amy said...

Hey Mom!
Welcome to the blog bandwagon! Great job on your workout - keep it up!
love,
Amy
PS: Love the title of the blog!