Sunday, January 15, 2012

Remembering

Four years ago I was at Disney, signed up for my first half marathon.I had no clue what racing was about or how to properly fuel yourself. I was there to get a Disney medal and celebrate my 65 birthday with my daughters. I don't think they had a clue either, maybe Jenny did. Some of us trained really hard and others did some training but not what was required. I was in the last group. I thought I was ready but in looking back I wasn't. The race was harder and longer than I thought and due to the early time to get up I was under fueled by the time I reached the magic kingdom. Even though it was hard and long it is one of my favorite races I have done and I love my medal and the time I spent with my daughters.


2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh - that picture! You look so tired! In spite of the tough time you had during the race itself, I have the same feelings about that day - I can still remember very vividly crossing that finish line and starting to cry from relief and joy of actually having done it. It was also a great three days we all spent together. So glad we did it!

Mark said...

That picture really captures the moment. I'm so glad you've decided to keep on running, I think that was the best part of the gift.