Sunday, January 6, 2008

VERY HARD RUN/WALK

Sunday is the long run day. I had 10 miles to do. I woke up sick with a sore throat and stuffy. Allie reminded me I needed to be drinking tea instead of coffee so I switched and she was right it did help, but I still felt lousy. I was leaning to not going out only because I felt bad but knew that I would disappoint some people. Christy came down ready to go so I changed into my running skirt and ate a bite and we set off. Our only plan was not to turn off the watch if we stopped at all. The wind was blowing right at us which made it difficult and the heat was starting to get to me. But let me tell you we kept on and ran/walked our asses off. We finished up at 10 miles in 2 hours and 39 minutes.

1 comment:

J said...

You are SO ready for Mickey Mouse! We will be pretty loud at dinner Saturday night with are huge finisher's medals clanging around our necks!