Sunday, November 9, 2008

THIRSTY



I didn't want to be a turkey today and miss my run, but is was a little cold this morning. I waited until 12:30 and then went out. I took the usual trail through the neighborhood. About the time I hit the old path I was thirsty and wishing I had brought some water with me. You know what they say " be careful what you wish for.' As I was running down this hill I spotted something out of the corner of my eye. A bottle of water! It didn't look like it had been open so I scooped it up, uncapped it and poured some in my mouth. It hit the spot. I usually don't do this but I was thirsty. Last year during the Dallas turkey trot I was sooo thirsty and hungry I considered picking up a discarded gel pack on the ground and squeezing the last remains out of it.

This coming weekend I will be going to Atlanta to run in two 5K races. One is for my granddaughter's high school and the other is the Zooma Women's Race.

Miles today 4.77

Miles for week 16.32

No comments: