Saturday, January 16, 2010

RACE REPORT

Today I was on my way to the race when I spotted not one but two rainbows. This has got to be a sign that I am going to do well, I thought. I knew there were three other ladies in my age bracket racing so the pressure was on. The morning was cool but the rain was holding off. I started off fast with the other racers and then glanced at my Garmin, it was showing a 9 something pace, whoa better slow down . We ran on some streets and on the trails. The ground was wet and that always makes me nervous, I worry about slipping. I took a few walk breaks on the hills but mostly I ran, wondering where my competition was. The finish was in sight, so I gave it all I had and finished with a time of 35:57 on the Garmin and 36:03 on the clock. This is a new PR for me. That time was good enough to get me first place in my age group!

The medal is engraved on the back with Resolution Run 5K, 2010.


I even scored two bandannas for my dogs.



4 comments:

J said...

Great job!! And you say I am competitive... Hmmm, where do I get it from? ;)

Amy said...

Wow!!!! Great job - congratulations - a PR and first place in your age group - you rock!!!

Anne said...

Congratulations on your win and your PR!! :)

Sarah Kathryn said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you - Jenny gave us the scoop on our run on Sunday - what an awesome job!