Saturday, November 12, 2011

Race Report


On November 16, 2004, former Town of Flower Mound employee Dorothy Walkup lost her battle with Multiple Sclerosis. Dorothy is missed but not forgotten as a friend, mentor, and shoulder to lean on to all who had the good fortune to know her. Her strength and courage were never more evident than during her seven-year fight against MS. The Town of Flower Mound sponsors "Dorothy's Dash" to honor her memory, share her example with others who may suffer this terrible disease, and to raise funds to combat Multiple Sclerosis.
Christy and I had heard a lot about this race from the gals at the gym, so we decided to run it this year.




We met up with Shayla and her group from TUF. It's always nice to see some friendly faces at the races.




Christy and I wore the gym shirts to help support and advertise for Shayla.






I had a hard time finding my name in the results because they had put me in with the 50-59 year old bracket. See, racing can make you young!








We thought this dog looked so cute in his shirt. I asked if we could take a picture and found out that this was Dorothy's granddog. That makes the picture more special.


I finished the race with a time of 39:58.










3 comments:

Mark said...

I love the dog picture. It sounds like it was a nice race and for a very worthwhile cause.

Amy said...

LOL! Love this - a PR is great but I'd take ten years off my age over that any day! Good job!

Kim said...

Congrats! What a great cause too. I love races like that!