Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

Today was the Turkey Trot race in Dallas, one of the largest in the country. There were over 30,000 runners. I thought of bailing out, but knew that would be wrong. The weather was sunny but very cold and with a constant wind blowing at you. I had planned to stay with Christy(my fear of crowds) but we got separated at the very beginning.As I ran through the streets of Dallas I thought of all I am thankful for. My wonderful husband who is also my best friend, my four daughters who are on this racing journey with me. My eight beautiful grandchildren. My sweet little dogs,Coco and Pumpkin (it figures they are named after foods). I am thankful that we all have our health. I am thankful for the ladies that I spent two weeks in Italy with, they have become such great friends.

I finished the race in 2:00:43 with a 15.05 pace. I am thankful I ran and that I finished.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

2 comments:

KatyShops said...

You are so sweet!! Great post...and great job on your race...

Amy said...

Fanatastic job on your race...and I am thankful to have YOU as my mom!