Friday, May 9, 2008

SHIRT NIGHT

This has been a crazy week. I thought I had an ear infection so went to the doctor on Monday only to find out I had the start of strep. I have been taking antibiotics and ibuprofen to help with the pain.

Tuesday night I went to running class but did my own thing. There was no way I could have done 5:1 splits with them.

Wednesday I was suppose to train but cancelled because I was still having a lot of ear pain. Although it didn't stop me from doing coffee with my friend and shopping for new shoes. I bought a cute pair of Merrell Mary Jane sport shoes in a beige color. I love them !

Thursday I was feeling better, but when it rolled around to class time I was thinking of not going. I guess being off training for the week had made me a tad lazy. But then I thought of Amy's friend and other people who couldn't get out and decided that I should go. Surprise it was shirt night. This time a bright red Brooks tech shirt. My run was better than Tuesday night but I still wasn't able to keep up with the group. I am glad that I went, sometimes it helps just to be out with others. I think it motivates me more to run.

Tomorrow morning at 8 I am doing the Faith Run with my daughter and Maggie. Will let you know how we do. I am hoping to shave some time off my last 5 K.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks for keeping Johan in your thoughts, Mom.