Sunday, May 4, 2008

SUNDAY RUN

Christy walked in the house just at the right moment. I was getting ready to go for a run and asked her if she wanted to come along. First question was " how far are you going." I didn't know, "we'll just go to Kids Kastle." I thought that sounded reasonable. Surprise, she agreed to go. Since I was going to have someone with me I opted to take the camera and get some pictures of the trail. This is such a pretty time of year for the flowers. Someone had a beautiful flower garden along side their house.
Of course if you know this hill you know we went farther than Kids Kastle.

I had time to rest by the City Trail sign and was careful not to step in any flowers.


Lots of bright yellow flowers along the trail.
These roses were by the tennis courts. Watch out for bees!




And you can't leave out the primroses, they have reached their peak but still look pretty.
Total miles we walked/ran were 4:38. Not one of my fastest runs but I did enjoy it. Sometimes you have to just slow down and take time to smell the flowers or as in my case take time to photograph the flowers.
Total miles this week 8:88




4 comments:

J said...

Hooray! You got your Sunday run in! (I was getting worried when I hadn't heard from you...)

I love the pictures of the flowers, thanks for posting them!

Sarah Kathryn said...

Great run - great pictures!!! I'm so glad you got a mother/daughter run in.

Amy said...

Running shoes: $100
Cute running skirt: $40
Digital camera: $200
Wildflower pictures: PRICELESS

Mark said...

Yay for nice Sunday runs! Nice work getting the job done and enjoying it at the same time.