Wednesday, April 1, 2009

ING REPORT

I looked forward to running the Atlanta ING race this year with Katy and Tonya. It seemed like the same weather as last year, cold and windy but this time no rain. On Saturday we had gone to the Expo to pick up our race packets and get our shirts. The shirts have the neighborhoods we run through on them.

We bought orange laces, with the money going to a children's charity and put our chips on our shoes.

Race morning and we are ready to go. It's the best my hair will look all day. This year we got sherbet orange jackets to wear so we'd look like a team.


Time to line up and we were having trouble getting to our corral. We ended up starting in corral five instead of six.



So far we are doing great ! I love to take a picture of downtown Atlanta from this spot.




All morning Tonya and Katy had been talking about the doughnut stop. You can't pass up a Krispy Kreme.





This was another tough hill. We are almost to mile 10 where our family is waiting to cheer us on.






It's nice to see a friendly face when you are running a race. I was getting tired and it perked me up. We still had 5 miles to go. My knee started to hurt around mile 11 and I had to start to walk more. I wanted to be able to run in at the finish.







We did it in 3:02:57. That is a great improvement from last year.








We were handed our medal and the warming blanket. Next was the stop for some food.









I want to give a big thank you to Tonya and Katy for sticking with me and making it a great race experience. We ROCKED !!!










2 comments:

J said...

Congrats!! I loved all of the pictures, and of course, the orange jackets!! Cute!

Amy said...

Great pictures, great report! And congratulations on your great time! Woo hoo!