Thursday, July 15, 2010

HAIR DAY

This morning at eleven I had a hair appointment for color and cut so I knew I would have to go out and run early. That wasn't a problem since I woke at 4 am (didn't get up) and watched the news because at that hour your choices are news or infomercials. Finally around 5:30 when I realized I couldn't get back to sleep I got up and had some coffee and banana with peanut butter.
Now I was fed and ready to great the day! The running gods were being nice at this early hour of 6:30. There was a great breeze even though the temperature was in the 80's, but we are going into the 100's today so why wouldn't it be hot at that early of an hour.
My leg was still sore but I was able to run more than yesterday and the trails were not crowded which also was nice. I even used the mister at the water stop to help me cool off. I did 4.75 miles this morning.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Great run!

Now that I'm back at work I still run in the morning because I like it and to beat the heat. Before I ran after work but had tired legs often.

I get up at 5.15 am at running days and am on the road at 5.30 am. It's so quiet and peaceful then, hardly see anybody. So want to continue doing this.