Wednesday, July 14, 2010

TARGET ON MY BACK ?

Today I had a doctors appointment and wasn't going to be able to attend boot camp so I wanted to make sure I did a run. I left the house around 7 am with the temperature at 83 and a nice breeze blowing. I was going to stay on the trails and try to get at least 4 miles in.

First thing to go wrong is when I start to run my left leg in the back is just killing me. This is not going to work, I try again and still it hurts. Okay, I'll walk that is better than nothing.

I'm minding my own business and staying over on the rights side of the trail so there is plenty of room for people to pass when SWOOSH, about 5 guys from the cross country team go flying past me close enough that we could have touched. It wasn't long after they passed that 2 girls from the team came sailing past just as close as the boys were. Come on people there is plenty of room on the path .
I reached the half way mark and then turned to head back and can you believe it a man and his daughter on bikes just about knock me off the path. WTF! Do I have a target on my back? I was never so glad to get home and off those trails. Did total of 4.25 miles.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Maybe you didn't have a target on your back - maybe you were actually INVISIBLE!