Friday, October 28, 2011

Visitor

Last Saturday my dog started going crazy trying to open the slats on the shutters. Something was outside. My husband thought she had seen a leaf fall or a lizard but I thought it must be something bigger. When I looked out there was a road runner looking in my glass door. I couldn't believe that one would wander so close to the house, but as soon as he spotted me he headed for the yard.

This afternoon when I went out for my r/w I spotted two road runners in two different places. It must be the cooler weather that is bringing them out. I t was a great day to be out on the trails. The temperature was in the 50's and there was a breeze.

The Rangers and Cardinals are tied 3 to 3 so the final game is tonight. We're hoping for a win.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Cool picture of the roadrunner! Are they making a nest in your yard to drive your dogs crazy?
Good luck with the baseball tonight - hope your team wins!