Thursday, December 6, 2007

Big Scare


Sometimes things don't go as planned but you can still enjoy the run. Remember it is not the destination but the journey that is important. I was planning on doing a lot more running but had several things slow me up. The first thing was I was all set to go out and run and then my watch needed charging. So while I charged it I cleaned the floors,did some wash and some other chores. Finally I am off, no more get started then I feel the urge. Back on the trail again and am looking at a rock in the field. Mighty big I thought..wait it's moving! Oh my gosh it is the biggest coyote I have seen and been so close to. Believe me I wasn't going to run past it. I slowed down and while I kept moving and watching, it was also watching me. I also had sprinklers to deal with and running into the wind. Even with all the little glitches I enjoyed the fresh air, the sky was a beautiful blue and there were lots of Christmas decorations to view.


Total miles 4.25 Time 1:05

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! You can now combine running with wildlife spotting! Maybe our next event should be an African safari run (but then we are going to need to be able to run a LOT faster!) :)

Katy said...

You should pretend that coyote is Mickey...and keep ahead of it!!

Mark said...

Oh, I've seen that kind of coyote before. You don't have to worry about those because an anvil will usually fall on him before he has a chance to get you!
Good job overcoming today's set of hurdles.