Sunday, December 30, 2007

Water over the Falls

Christy and I were going out today for an eleven mile run, or so I thought. When we started out on the trail to run she said her leg hurt and she couldn't run. Normally this would aggravate me but I decided that I had said I would run with her and no matter what I was going to. So as easy as the water goes over the Falls I didn't let her complaints turn into an argument but let them go. And yes we didn't do a lot of running but we did have a very enjoyable time. And she did get her 11 miles in. An surprise, guess whose knee was hurting at mile 9 and had to slow down, mine. We did do a little running and finished our walk in a little over 3 hours (that's a long time to walk).
We did what we said we would, that we would go for the miles and not the time.
What I learned today is that sometimes it is better to just let things go, you have a much better time.
Miles today 10.96
Miles for week 18.02

3 comments:

J said...

You got the job done, sometimes that is the most important!

KatyShops said...

Great Job!! You should be so proud of yourself. Christy is lucky to have you as a running partner.

Amy said...

Good for you - you are getting to be a litte running Buddha with your philosophy of letting things roll off your back!