Saturday, October 27, 2007

RACE DAY

We had a beautiful morning for the Harry's Hustle at Kids Kastle . The temperature was around 50 and the race was not crowded. Christy decided to join me in the run. I had my Garmin and ipod all ready to go. The course was mostly on cement paths and there were 3 water stations which really helped. My mouth was dry from the cold weather. I had to walk some of the time but not as much as usual. My goal was to finish in 40 minutes and I am happy to say that I did better than that. I finished in 39:41 and took first place in the 60 and over ladies group( maybe I was the only one in that age group running).

It was a great day for both of us. Christy finished in40:04, her best time yet.

4 comments:

Mark said...

Cindy, that is so awesome. You have cut off nearly 6 minutes from your 5K time in a little under 7 months. The miles you have been putting in are really paying off. Especially the miles you have done on the days you didn't especially feel like running. Keep up the great work!

Amy said...

WOW!!!! What an accomplishment, and on a really hilly course, too! We are all proud of you - GREAT JOB! You rock!

KatyShops said...

Way to run! Nice medal! You are a huge inspiration!

Katy

Nancy said...

Fantastic!! Good for you, and I see you did a nice long run ~ 7.5??

You are doing so great!