Sunday, October 14, 2007

In stitches


Today was to be my long run of four miles but the weather was so pleasant that I thought I would just go for more miles and ended up doing 8:14. With the breeze in my face, yes I was running into the wind and my pals(Billy Joel, Rod Stewert and Clay)playing on my i-pod. I felt like I was doing really well until around mile 7 (kids Kastle) when I got this pain on the right side of my right Knee. I guess it was a knee stitch(lol) but I had to stop running and even walking was difficult. I still had a mile to go to get home and knew I had to forge ahead. If I had had my cell phone I would have called home for a ride. I made it in 2:05:27 and that left me with an hour and a half to do 5 miles if I was rnning the 1/2. It reminds of the line from New York New York, "you're going to make it after all" Yes I think we all are.

Average pace 15:25 Miles 8:14 Time 2:05:27

Miles for week 16.31

3 comments:

J said...

Wow! Look at your miles for the week! Great job!

KatyShops said...

I am so impressed!!!

Amy said...

You definitely are going to make it - isn't that a great feeling?