Wednesday, February 27, 2008

SAFETY

Headed over to my running class last night all bundled up. It was down in the 40s and windy. Before we went to the track to run our coach went over safety factors.
1. most important- wear ID. You can go to ROADID.com and order. I have one that I wear on my shoe.
2. Shouldn't run alone at night.
3. Ladies if you have ponytails be careful, they can be
used to pull you to the ground.
4. Always carry at least a dollar with you.
5. Don't assume that people in cars see you. Watch at
intersections and driveways.
After this we went to the track to do some running. Two people had some injuries and were walking the other three were running 3 minutes and walking 1 minute. I was really pleased because I was up front with another girl. We were
doing well and even the coach said we did a good job.

Today I have a training session at the gym and then some cardio to do.

TOTAL MILES 1.50

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks for the safety info - I never thought of that with that poneytail thing...hmm. I don't think I have ever run at night, it makes me too nervous.