Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sticking Your Head Out

There is a beautiful daffodil in the back yard that has managed to stick it's head out of the ground and bloom even though we have had some down right cold weather. It's is a sign of Spring and that good things are on the way. Last night I stuck my head out and went to my first running class, and yes as usual I was nervous. I don't know why I was nervous, everyone was nice and friendly. They had us go over to the track and warm up and then run or walk or both a mile so they could time us. It was neat running on the track and in the dark. No one can see if you are struggling. I did my mile in 13.23. Thursday we will be put in groups according to our times. Just for the record I wasn't the last to finish. I have a feeling with what I learn from these classes, good things are on the way for my running. This morning I thought I better get out and do a few miles. I headed to Kids Kastle and back for a total of 2.60 miles

Tonight I am going t the gym for a training session with Shayla. I know we are working on legs.

I think I will sleep good tonight.

Total miles for week 6.10

4 comments:

KatyShops said...

Good for you!!! Way to step out of your comfort zone.

Katy

Amy said...

I'm so glad your class went well!!! That's great and I think you are right, it will mean good things for your running. Way to go!
PS: Love the daffodil picture, they are popping up here too.

J said...

Can't wait to hear how the rest of your classes go!

Sarah Kathryn said...

Ah, I love the segue between your daffodils and your new adventure. I'm SO jealous - if you decide one Tuesday that you are in no mood to go, know that you are going for those of us who'd LOVE to do what you are doing!!!! I love track workouts (yes, I do!!) and I think you will too. I hope you enjoy the experience and are glad you stuck your head out :)