Saturday, September 12, 2009

RACE REPORT

Christy and I had signed up for this race, it's one we have done the last two years and is put on by the Second Chance Baptist Church. My running coach is the pastor and I like to support his race.

It was raining when I woke at 5 am, I could hear the pitter patter and was thinking I didn't want to run in the rain. " well, then you can walk" replied Christy. She didn't get it, I didn't want to get wet.

We got our chips on and then went to get something to eat and look for my friend Maggie.

This is the course near the end, you run along the creek.



The ducks were loving this rain. Woo Hoo !!!




This year the trophys were done by the people from Outward Bound. Each one is different and some even put a message on the back. I got 3rd place in my age group and mine was signed.





Maggie and I are hoping we'll win one of the cool door prizes. It was great to see her and nice of her to come out and run with me, especially in the yucky weather.






1 comment:

Amy said...

Good for you for sucking it up and getting wet - it was worth it, right?