Saturday, September 19, 2009

RUNNING FOR TOMATOES

I didn't realize I would be able to get some nice home grown tomatoes after my race today. That's the best prize of all !
This is a race I had been wanting to do. It's for the Scottish Rite Children's hospital and is right in my town so I don't have to drive far. I was thinking it would be a flat course but that didn't happen. There were at least 4 hills and some were long inclines. The weather started out overcast and in the 70's. Christy and I started together and then I was ahead for awhile. She caught up to me sometime after mile two and we ran together until she pulled ahead at the end. I finished with a time of 41:??, much better than last weeks race time.

After the race and before the awards they were giving out a lot of door prizes. Do you think we could have won something, not a chance.


Christy waits patiently while they call out the awards. I guess that's the bad part about going to a race with me, you have to wait until they get to the 65 to 69 age group. There aren't too many people around by then.



I got a medal for third place. The two ladies that beat me last week beat me this week. I guess I'm going to have to work on improving my time.


Here is the medal I won. On the back they have the date and place.





The farmers market was still going on when we headed back to the car and I had enough money with me that I was able to purchase a small basket of home grown tomatoes. Now that's the best prize of all !


1 comment:

KatyShops said...

Congrats on your race! Glad you are back from your trip safe & sound...hope you had a good time.