Saturday, April 19, 2008

2 for 1

It was a gorgeous day for a race. The temp was a cool 58 and sunny! After three trips to the bathroom (nerves) I was ready to head to the course. I had my Spibelt with my number hanging from it, my skirt on and my knee band on, I was set to go. The plan was to meet at Run On and do a warm up, walk over to the race start and meet up with Maggie. We lined up near the back and when the horn sounded we were off. I thought Maggie and I would do 4:1 intervals but when I signaled we were at 4 minutes she said she wanted to run the whole race. I guess with long legs you can do anything. She and her friend stayed ahead of me and I opted for some walk breaks. Our running buddy from the last class came out to cheer us on, it's always nice to see a friendly face on the side lines. At the water break I had to stop to drink. I still haven't mastered drinking and running. We were at the 2 mile mark. Maggie and friend were ahead and had an awesome finish. I came in at 42 minutes and received my medal as I crossed the finish line. Time for cheers and hugs at what we had done today. And the icing on the cake was I got a second medal for being 1st in my age group ( I was the only one in that group) so ended up with 2 medals for the price of one race.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Amy said...

Yay!!! Good for you!!! Love your pictures and your race report!

Sarah Kathryn said...

Great job!!! Congratulations on your TWO medals!!