Saturday, April 26, 2008

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

My coach sent out an E-mail the other day that I thought was good.I asked if he would mind if I used it on my blog. And he said I was welcome to share.

"Almost anything and everything in life can be bought or stolen. With enough money you can buy just about any experience. This is not true with running. Only you can cross the finish line, finish a mile in a set amount of time, run a 5K, finish a 1/2 marathon or even a marathon. You race against no one but yourself. The reward is primarily for you and this is one area in life that I think we can be a bit selfish. You see, you can't buy that experience and it can't be sold. It is hard to even accurately describe it but you know when it happens and it can and will forever change your life. Don't get me wrong, running will not fill every hole in our life. It will not meet your deepest needs but it can go a long ways toward fulfilling several aspects in your life that will make your life experiences more pleasurable and more meaningful." R. Turner

3 comments:

J said...

That's a great post!

Amy said...

That is so true - thanks for sharing that; your strawberries look mighty good too!

Sarah Kathryn said...

Wow, what a great email!! I have several people I'd love to share that with!!