Wednesday, April 16, 2008

REVELATION

Okay so I have always known my right side was weaker than my left. Today however I found out just how much weaker. It was one of those AHA moments that Oprah says you get. I had gone up to the gym to train with Shayla and we (she) decided that it was legs. Now I have done hamstring curls before but always using both legs at once. Today she wanted me to do one leg with the weight set at 10 pounds.First leg was the left and it was not a problem, I did 8 reps and could have done 15 easy. Now it is the right legs turn. " Okay, give me a second" I said. Damn, I couldn't move the bar. I think both our mouths were hanging open. We couldn't believe I couldn't move the bar. We settled for Shayla lifting it and then I tried to hold it up as long as I could. We did this for 8 reps. There is definitely work that needs to be done to strengthen that leg. And just think when it gets stronger I should be able to run faster.

Now I am out the door for twenty minute easy run.

4 comments:

Amy said...

That's amazing that they are so different...so your left leg was always compensating for the right. Are you going to be training differently now to improve that?

J said...

Maybe that's part of the answer to your injury! Hopefully you can get it strengthened back up.

Amy said...

PS: is that picture from our very first trip to Paris together, at the Rodin museum??

Cindy said...

yes it is