Thursday, January 8, 2009

AROUND AND AROUND



Yesterday I headed up to do my tempo run. I was going to use the track at the middle school but a sign was posted that it was only for school use from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm. My next option was to use the walk that circled in front of Kids Kastle. It was a little over a 1/4 of a mile.

I put my water bottle on a bench and then started running. The temperature was a perfect 53. Around and around I went, checking my Garmin to make sure I was doing the right pace. About the time I was on my third mile I noticed a large group of kids walking on the paths. They must have been a class from the middle school. They were nearing the bench that had my water bottle on it and I knew what was going to happen. DAMN! One of them kicked it off the bench and and as I yelled "HEY, THAT'S MY WATER BOTTLE" they kicked it in to a large puddle. By now I was close to them and heard a mumbled apology. I replied with " at least you could pick it up" And a nice kid retrieved it from the water and handed it to me.

I finished my run with a total of 7 miles for the day.

This morning I am going to the gym to train and then I have an easy run of 2 miles.

No comments: