Monday, January 5, 2009

WINTER IS BACK

Brr, today I woke up to freezing rain and very cold temperatures with no promise of the day improving. On my way to have coffee with my friend I noticed that even the stop signs were coated in ice. I was glad I didn't have to run.

Yesterday my schedule said I was to do an easy run with a distance of 4 miles @ 14:42 pace. Since it was cold outside I opted for the gym. I really hate the treadmills but Jenny said " you just need to suck it up and do it". I found a treadmill off to the side and away from most the crowd.

I warmed up for .25 and then pushed up the speed. I couldn't remember what pace I was to do so went for the 14:17 and ran for 2 miles. Time for a potty break and some water and then back on the treadmill. Maybe I was suppose to do a 14:38 pace so I ran mile 3 at that. Mile 4, I ran half at 14:38 and then walked the rest. My legs were starting to feel like jello. I finished with .25 cool down.

Total miles for week 9.25

No comments: