Monday, January 12, 2009

CHEERS

Cheers to Kathryn and Jenny who ran the Disney Marathon Sunday. Kathryn also ran the half on Saturday. What a great race they ran and a PR for both.
All their hard training and dedication paid off.

And so with that in mind I knew this was my long run day. I had 8 miles on the schedule. My first thought was where would I run ? I decided to do a course that takes me out of the neighborhood and some distance from home but that it would be a lot flatter. I felt good during the whole run and ran most of the way. I had to wait to cross streets but still finished in under 2 hours.

4 comments:

KatyShops said...

You did awesome!! Way to go :)

J said...

You are working so hard and I am proud of you! I can't wait to run the Princess Half with you...

Amy said...

Great job, Mom! You do amaze me...

Sarah Kathryn said...

Thanks for the congratulations and back at you with them for a well-done training run!! You'll have such a great Princess run with all the work you've been putting in. I thought about you on the course on Sunday - how you are really going to have a wonderful time and it probably won't be quite as crowded!

I know you are so proud of Jenny - she definitely EARNED that incredible time - she works SO HARD and I am so proud to see it pay off with such an impressive inaugural marathon finish time!!!