Saturday, January 31, 2009

LIKE A PUZZLE

Since the weather here has been cold and colder I have been passing my time working a 1000 piece puzzle. I take every free moment to try and get another piece in place so I can complete it.

Training for a race is like working a puzzle. You have to keep at it if you want a good finish. Sometimes things don't go as planned but you just have to keep fitting the pieces together. The pieces being speedwork, tempo run, weights and long run.

I had speedwork this week and decided to do it on the treadmill after I trained with Katie. "no legs today" I told her. " I have 8 miles to do on the treadmill"
I actually found this an easy way to do the run. I was scheduled to do 4x1600 @12:15 w/800 jogs. This was to be the longest I had ever run on a treadmill but I was determined to finish. And I did !!! I just goofed up a tad because I couldn't remember if I was really suppose to do 8 or was it 7 ? So I stopped at 7.25 miles.

1 comment:

J said...

Great job on the speedwork. You are going to have a lovely puzzle completed in time for the half marathon.