Sunday, August 30, 2009

WORKOUT NUMBER 1

I've been feeling a bit under the weather these last few days. Nothing serious just the usual runny nose and stuffiness. I had not worked out since Wednesday so needed to get to the gym this morning. Today was the 2nd time for Christy and me to use the Jillian cards. It was my turn to pick. I read each card and tried to figure which might be the easiest as I wasn't feeling too great. I finally decided on Workout 1. It had 5 circuits and 15-20 minutes of cardio. I crammed the cards in my gym bag along with plenty of Kleenex and we headed for our place of torture.
The circuit was covering all the muscle groups and also adding some cardio. After circuit 1 and 2 we had to go upstairs to the treadmill and sprint for 1 minute at 7 mph.
These cards give you a great workout. It takes us a few minutes to figure out some of the exercises but we're learning and the more we use the cards the easier they will get. Sometimes I have that visual of Jillian screaming at her biggest losers team and it makes me try harder.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Good job - hope you're feeling better today and I can actually recognize your voice when you answer the phone!