Saturday, May 8, 2010

PERFECT RACE DAY

Woke up to a very crisp morning, perfect race weather! Not only was the weather perfect the race didn't start until 8:30 so got to sleep in a little longer and it was only a few miles from my house so didn't have to drive far.
The race started and I had to weave around lots of strollers and children. The path narrowed down and we had to cross a bridge and then up a hill and out onto the road. My first mile was a 10:38 pace, I think I was just trying to get past all the congestion.
Neared the water table and grabbed a cup, yuck! Gatorade. I turned around a went back for water. Heard my name shouted out and one of my boot camp buddies was passing me.
Finished in 35:56 and that got me first place in my age group.

Here is what we received for placing.
I had a great time at the race it was nice to meet up with some people from boot camp. It was just the perfect race day.



1 comment:

Amy said...

Congratulations! Great job!