Saturday, May 22, 2010

HOOP-DE-DO

Learning to use the hoop.
Remember those hoola hoops we all used as a kid? Today there is hoopnotica, weighted hoops to work out with and this morning at 8 there was a class at the gym to try this. I must say I had my doubts, I can't even do it on the wii but I signed up anyways.

There were eleven of us and most of them got the hang of it right away. I was having difficulty keeping it going and was thinking maybe I would be a drop out, but then it clicked and the hoop kept going around and around.

We were showed how to pivot and walk and move sideways. Hey I was having trouble just keeping it going without all the fancy footwork.

I think everyone enjoyed the class and several of us bought our hoops. Mine is pink stripped and I will be taking it with me when I go to Maine.

1 comment:

Amy said...

That sounds so fun and by the way, do you realize how awesome you look?