Sunday, May 2, 2010

RACE REPORT

Woke up at 2 am, why does this always happen. Couldn't get back to sleep so watched a movie on TV until it was time to get ready. Christy and I wanted to leave the house at 5:45
to allow us plenty of time. I'm one of those people that would rather be early than late. We were wearing our very pink shirts.

The line for parking wasn't as bad as I expected. We sat and ate an uncrustable and then headed to find the porta pottys and start line. I snapped this from the parking garage of Las Colinas.


First thing we spot on the way to the start is the sign. I was thinking about wanting to get a PR today, maybe I could.




Christy took this of me by the Mustang statues which are running through the water.






We got a prerace picture taken. Notice it is still dark out and the temperature is around 64 with a slight wind. They did the fun run 1 miler and then it was time for the half marathon and 10K racers to line up. Christy and I were starting out together but I soon realized she had fallen behind me.





This was near the first mile and it reminded me of last weeks race when I got passed by the tortoise. I didn't want that happening again. We were now heading onto the trails.





Another sign to inspire us, it said.
1. approach
2 pass
3 laugh
4 repeat




I think this is true. It just feels so good to be out and doing something that is healthy and good for you.






We have about 2 miles to go and my time is looking good.

I loved this sign, we are all winners.


Here comes Christy and she is going to PR. Way to go! I finished with a PR of 1:15:12 that got me 1st place in my age group. They were not giving out medals. I will be getting a finisher tech shirt with all the first place winners names on the back and the heels and hills logo on the front. Wow! Make my day a PR and another shirt with my name on the back.

As we were walking back to the car we passed over one of the canals in Las Colinas.
This was a great race that we both liked and will probably do again.



























2 comments:

Amy said...

awesome report - you guys look gorgeous!!!

Fran said...

What a fun race, I love those signs beside the road.