Wednesday, May 26, 2010

ORANGE ALERT

We had an orange alert for air pollution today so boot camp was inside this morning, except for running our 1 mile warm up. I figured this would be great but soon found out it was just as hot inside. The air was on but hadn't really kicked in yet and we were working really hard.
There were 7 of us so Heidi set up 2 circuits of 4 exercises. We had to do 12 reps 3 times and then we switched circuits. My struggle was with the one where we hold a medicine ball rollback on our back and than forward and stand up. I can't get my butt off the floor to stand up. I guess I'll have to work on this at home.

3 comments:

Sarah Kathryn said...

Orange alert!! I have never heard of that!!

I'm sorry your summer is there now, too ...

I can relate to you practicing at home to get up off the ball - I do that too. Once you get the hang of it you'll be able to do it no problem. It's just figuring out the sequence of moves to get you standing again.

Amy said...

Try practicing it without holding anything?

Fran said...

I've never heard of such alerts too. We do have warnings here but never to stay inside then.

Too bad you had to go inside when it was so hot.